Below are some links that we believe visitors to our website may find helpful and interesting. We are not paid to link to any of these other websites, nor do we have any control over their content, but we do believe they provide valuable resources for those who wish to learn more about the implications of animal consumption.
- NutritionFacts.org – Physician, Michael Greger, posts free daily videos and articles summarizing the medical literature and research on a variety of nutrition topics.
- Forks over Knives – A 2011 documentary that addresses the prevention, and often reversal, of many modern diseases by leaving animal-based and highly refined foods off the plate, and adopting a whole-food, plant-based diet instead.
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine – PCRM is a nonprofit whose primary activities include outreach and education about nutrition and compassionate choices to healthcare professionals and the public.
- Cowspiracy (documentary) – “COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret” is an environmental documentary that investigates the environmental impact of animal agriculture and how many of the large environmental organizations are not addressing it. A newer cut of the documentary from executive producer Leonardo DiCaprio is now also available to watch on Netflix.
- Before The Flood (documentary) – A National Geographic documentary featuring Leonardo DiCaprio’s journey to five continents and the Arctic to witness climate change firsthand.
- A Plastic Ocean (documentary) – While not directly related to our animal consumption, this is an immensely important topic about which everyone needs to be urgently aware. This film drives home the devastating impact that our consumption choices can have when multiplied by our now enormous human population of 7.5 billion and growing. The focus on this film, plastic, is a particularly problematic substance that has the potential to reshape the chemistry of our oceans to the mass detriment of all life on the planet.
- Livestock’s Long Shadow – An important report from the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FOA) the aim of which was “to assess the full impact of the livestock sector on environmental problems”, and, among other findings, found that the livestock industry was contributing a larger share of greenhouse gas emissions than the transportation sector.
- Truth or Drought – Started by concerned citizens in San Diego, this is an excellent resource of information about the connections between animal-based diets and devastating water shortages.
- Earthlings Documentary – An award-winning documentary about the suffering of animals for food, fashion, pets, entertainment and medical research. The movie is available via the Nation Earth website.
- Speciesism The Movie – A documentary that explores the concept of speciesism by posing thought-provoking questions about why we treat the fundamental interests of nonhumans differently from humans.
- Peaceable Kingdom – Another award-winning film, this one following the awakening conscience of several people who grew up in traditional farming culture and who came to question the basic assumptions of their way of life.
- HowDoIGoVegan.com – An excellent and user-friendly resource on how to go vegan, including recipes, product guides, FAQs, and further reading.
- Vegan Starter Kit – Another useful resource for those transitioning to living vegan, with product, clothing and food guides and other useful tips.
- A Well-Fed World – A hunger relief and animal protection organization that is chipping away at two of the world’s most immense, unnecessary and unconscionable forms of suffering: the suffering of people hungry from lack of food, and the suffering of animals used and abused for food.